Mir Status may 22, 2000

Mir / ISS status report

May 22, 2000

By Miles Mann WF1F,

Mir Amateur Radio Status:
No activity last week because of a heavy work load.  However the crew is
just about caught up and we expect some activity soon.
Frequency 145.985 FM simplex

Back from Dayton:
Time flew too quickly, but the trip took for ever to get there.  I guess
everyone had a horror story about Flying into Dayton.  I am sorry I did
not have time to visit all of the booths.  The History of Mir Amateur
Radio talk went well and ill try to get the slides posted to the MAREX
web by the end of the month.  It was great to see a lot of old calls in
person for the first times.  Miles

SSTV:
Over the next few weeks the Mir Space Station will be activating the
amateur radio projects, including the MAREX-NA SSTV project.  The
International Space Station (Alpha) may also be installing a new
MAREX-NA SSTV called SpaceCam1 system as early as Q4 2000.  Now is the
time to start getting your satellite station  ready to transmit and
receive Slow Scan Television signals. I have provided a few web links,
which can help you, get your satellite station ready to receive SSTV
images.
The tentative SSTV/Packet Mir broadcast school is:
Saturday, Sunday and Monday SSTV. 145.985 FM Simplex
Tuesday - Friday  1200 baud AX.25 Packet 145.985 FM Simplex

Suggested Receiving Station for Satellite SSTV Images.
http://www.siliconpixels.com/marex/MirSSTVStation.htm

MAREX-NA home page
http://www.siliconpixels.com/marex

SSTV Repeaters:
The MAREX-NA team has posted some information regarding testing of the
new
SpaceCam1 SSTV software.
http://www.siliconpixels.com/marex/RepeaterOperations.htm

Mir QSL Update:
The card proofs have been approved by all departments and the order has
been placed for 4000 Mir QSL cards. We hope to get the cards back from
the printers in July 2000.

Note:  We are currently out of QSL cards for the Mir Amateur Radio
program.
I  would like to thank you all for being patient on getting your QSL
cards.  We hope to begin shipping the new cards in August  2000.  The
cards we are making are just for the Mir crew QSL cards, we are not
associated with any of the special event QSL cards such as Sputnik.

wf1f@amsat.org

Copyright 2000 Miles Mann, All Rights Reserved.  This document may be
freely distributed via the following means - Email (including
listservers), Usenet, and World-Wide-Web.  It may not be reproduced for
profit including, but not limited to, CD ROMs, books, and/or other
commercial outlets without prior written consent from the author.
Images received from the MAREX-NA SSTV system on the Russian Space
Station Mir are considered public domain and may be freely distributed,
without prior permission.

DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F