My first Mir QSO

Hello,

Well IT has happened at last. My first QSO with MIR at 10:20 UTC. What a
buzz! I just kept saying 'it's good to hear you'. Perhaps next time I'll
sound more sensible.

I also heard both sides of a QSO with VK2KUR who should be at least 400km
away. Alex gives VK2KUR a 5/9 and VK2KUR's response was 'QSL QSL your
signal 5 by 2, 5 by 2 over'. I don't know enough about VHF DX to know the
probable path of the signal.

I've put RealAudio files of the QSO's at ...
http://www.gsat.edu.au/~users/ccollege/tech/systems/mir.html
VK3TRD.ram is 330kb and VK2KUR is 168kb

Thanks again to Bruce KK5DO for suggesting the RealAudio format. I don't
know why I didn't use it before.

Thanks also to everyone who has provided positive comments. Patience is
the key.

Doug Rolfe,
Geelong, Victoria, Australia.