My first Mir QSO

Well IT has happened at last. My first QSO with MIR at 10:20 UTC. What a
buzz! I just kept saying 'it's good to hear you'. Perhaps next time I'll
sound more sensible.

I also heard both sides of a QSO with VK2KUR who should be at least 400km
away. Alex gives VK2KUR a 5/9 and VK2KUR's response was 'QSL QSL your
signal 5 by 2, 5 by 2 over'. I don't know enough about VHF DX to know the
probable path of the signal.

I've put RealAudio files of the QSO's at ...
VK3TRD.ram is 330kb and VK2KUR is 168kb

Thanks again to Bruce KK5DO for suggesting the RealAudio format. I don't
know why I didn't use it before.

Thanks also to everyone who has provided positive comments. Patience is
the key.

Doug Rolfe,
Geelong, Victoria, Australia.