Mir sleep time

The Mir crew sleeps from aprox 19:00 UTC, until 04:00 UTC.
or aprox 7:00 am mir, until 10:00 pm Mir

another way to think of it is
Take the UTC time and add 3 hours to equial Mir time.

04:00 UTC plus 3, = 7:00 Mir time.

The clocks on Mir do not change for day light savings.
So moscow is UTC Plus 4
Mir is UTC plus 3.

The VK and contacts happend around 05:30 UTC, which is 08:30 or jsut
after breakfast.
So while the mir crew was  straped to the breakfast table, they turned
on the
kenwood amateur radio (either the TM-V7 or TM-733).