Re: SAREX-digest V2000 #39

Hello

Eric VK2KUR wrote ...

>I know of two people in Sydney who have spoken to MIR on voice, one of them
>twice.
>
>George VK2WEL spoke to them yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) Sydney time and
>again this afternoon (around 0530Z).
>
>Grant VK2TU also spoke to them this afternoon on the same pass.

That's fantasitic. I'm a trifle confused re the timing. My understanding
was that the cosmonauts sleep period was 0100 to 1100 UTC (11am-9pm local
for me). Has this changed? I'd better start listening to all the passes
over my QTH.

It's great encouragement to know that they're on the air.

Thanks,

Doug Rolfe,
Geelong, Victoria, Australia.