RE: Mir heard in OZ

Hello again,

>Hi Doug, I missed the pass last night, but listening to your wav file it
>sure sounds like MIR to me and not a local station. Unfortunately the
>signal is a bit too buried "in the mud" for my TNC to deceipher any sense
>from it.
>I might try and clean it up a little to see if it really is MIR
>If I can clean it up, (I have a couple of nice digital audio manipulation
>programs) I'll let you know.
>
>cheers
>
>Ian VK3YIC

Hi Ian,

Good to hear from you again. I tried to boost the audio on the first wav
file I put up and that may introduce artifacts.

>Hi Doug
>
>if you can send me original file I can try to decode it.
>
> 73  ik1sld Claudio

I've put all the audio I captured during that pass (minus snippets of
noise between bursts) at ...
http://www.gsat.edu.au/~users/ccollege/tech/systems/fullpkt.wav
The file is about 330kb.

If any VK3's were sending packet last night (Tues 11 Apr 9.40pm Local)
please email me so that I can put this to rest. From other email I
received it seems that the crew have been to busy to start up the 2m gear.

Thanks to all for their comments.

Doug Rolfe,
Geelong, Victoria, Australia.