RE: ISS Call sign RZ3DZR

All,

The Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) international
team has looked into the 4U1 call and as Fernando states, it is for UN
facilities.  It is not clear that we will be able to use the 4U1SS
call.  We are working with the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) to
develop a specific plan for a specific callsign for usage on ISS.   As
information becomes available we will share it with the amateur
community.  We appreciate the comments and ideas from everyone.

73,

Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO
ARISS-US Team