RE: ISS Call sign RZ3DZR

At 10:26 AM 3/22/00 -0600, Fernando Aviles wrote:
>4U1 as far as I know is only for UN facilities.  ISS is not going to be a UN
>facility.  Maybe it is time to think of a new DXCC recognized prefix just
>for international space usage.

Well, I know the ITU in Geneva (4U1ITU) uses the same prefix, so is the ITU
a UN organization?

Another tangential thought:  When we have enough people living or working
on the moon to have lunar-based ham operations, what should the moon's DXCC
prefix be?  I was thinking about that the other day and came up with either
ZZ9 or Z99 ..

"Orthodoxy is orthodoxy because it won, not because it is true." -- Bp.
John Spong
 "Power takes as ingratitude the writhing of its victims." -- Rabindranath
Tagore
         Bruce Bostwick  Work-- mailto:llbgb@utxdp.dp.utexas.edu
                     Personal-- mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
            Ham radio related-- mailto:kd5biv@arrl.net