ISS Call sign RZ3DZR

>Actually, It isn't hard to figure out why the first callsign for the
>ISS is going to be Russian:
>Two-thirds of the crew will be Russian
>They will all be arriving in a Russian-owned Soyuz capsule, flown
>from a Russian-run launch complex
>The flight will mainly be controlled from Russian facilities during
>launch and all other operations up to opening the hatch after
>docking
>
>So, having the first crew use a Russian callsign makes sense to me.

Now for later .. since it's an *international* station, can they use a
callsign with the 4U1 prefix?  4U1ISS sounds like a good possibility ..
gets around all those "national borders" at the hatchways ..

<BGB>
           Bruce Bostwick  KD5BIV    Austin, TX  Grid EM10DH
                 Technician Plus Amateur Radio Operator
   ARRL / UT ARC / Austin ARC / Austin Repeater Org. / Travis Co. ARES
   http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~lihan/  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
          http://www.qsl.net/~kd5biv  mailto:kd5biv@qsl.net