UO-14 listening/working

Good evening.

UO-14 is currently operating as an FM bent pipe "repeater" satellite.  As
such, it is a full duplex bird, meaning that you can listen to the downlink
as you transmit.  If your rig is capable of full duplex operation, fine,
otherwise half-duplex operation works just fine on the FM birds if you
program the frequencies in your HT correctly.

You should program your HT with 5 frequency pairs for working AO-27.  Start
with the first pair, using a non-standard split, and tune to the next one
as the pass progresses.

Downlnk -  Uplink
_________________
435.080 - 145.970  AOS
435.075 - 145.975
435.070 - 145.975  Mid Pass
435.065 - 145.975
435.060 - 145.980  LOS

I have not worked this bird, in this mode yet, so only time will tell what
the link budget requires for successful operation.  I would imagine an
Arrow type antenna will suffice for reception.  We will have to experiment
to determine if QRP power is sufficient to work the bird.

73, Mike

                                         __\/__
   |  P  | |f|   * I.S. Professional .............. Computer Consultant *
   |  3  |=|d|   * AO10, AO27, Fujis, RS13, RS15, MIR?, SO35, UO22, ATV *
   |  D  | |j|   * KITSAT,  kf4fdj-9 van tracker, SSTV, MS,  E&F Layers *
   |     | | |   *    Bringing Oscar demos to the Lee County Schools.   *
                                    .oooO   (   )
                                      \_)