Re: NASA TV and DirecTV

Yes its up on the 119 bird. If you see spanish channels mainly in the
100s, you are at 119. I think you can use transponder 33 or 31 (has
to be odd) to tune in that bird, unless you have a squawk box.

The crappy part of the deal is that you need a Hughes 5th generation
receiver to get NTV because it's on even polarity, old IRDs for some
reason can't receive the even polarity from that bird. So basicly
they are fulfilling their public service requirement by having that
programing up there but only about 5% of the dss population can even
see it. I'm one of the lucky ones since i went out and spent big money
on a
Digital A/V output IRD and that just happened to be a 5th Gen. IRD so
I can go out and retune my dish to 119 see NTV, but not everyone out
there
would want to spend $399 just for an IRD to watch the limited programing
of NTV.

My feelings are that every Ham that's a legitimate subscriber to DSS
should
call up, email, fax, whatever to get DSS to either give us a free IRD
upgrade
so we can recieve this must carry programing or move that programing to
the
main bird, I've already voiced my disgust, everyone else should to.

(just my $0.02)

73 de n8twj