Re: Mir Amateur Radio SSTV Anniversary !!

Farrell Winder wrote:

> Hello All Mir Fans,
>     Today December 12, 1999 marks the 1st Anniversary of the Historical
> event of receiving Amateur Radio SSTV pictures from the Mir Space Station !

Hello Farrell

Thanks for remembering that to us. However I still have it very clear
on my mind: I was doing the ARRL 10m contest and, due that, I lost the
inicial pictures! I wasn't ready at all! However I was able to "record"
a few with my handy tape cassete recorder :)

Now, one year later, beside all questions related to that project,
I think we all have a very positive image of it! It was a good
idea and had a major impact inside (and outside) ham comunity!
It sure deserves another chance to "fly" high ;)

Once again, my public congratulations to all MIR SSTV project team!

Best 73
F.Costa, CT1EAT

P.S. Please don't forget to to include a "remote-shut-off"
     command on next unit. With that "facility" we can expect
     to operate the system when last ISS crew left the station.
     Ok, it will happen in 10 or 15 years, but we better be ready ;)