Re: ISS Jan 2k

Michael,

This is a very good question.  In the very near future (early next year),
ISS will be on 2 meters and 70 cm FM.  The antennas that we expect to fly
on-board ISS will support 20 meters, 15 meters, 10 meters 2 meters, 70 cm,
1.2 GHz (uplink), GPS (1575 MHz) and 2.4 GHz.  These antennas are being
provided by the Italian and U.S. teams.  Over time, we hope to fly all
modes/facets imaginable will fly on ISS--voice, packet, SSTV, ATV, APRS, etc.

An international team is making this happen.  I must say that I am quite
impressed to see the participation and partnering between various
international groups to make ham radio on ISS happen.

You can go to the SAREX web page and then click to ISS to get more details.
 The web page is at http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/sarex/  The ISS web page needs
work--many of us have been too busy developing flight hardware for ISS to
maintain the page.

I hope this helps.

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs