Re: AO-16 UI digi Communications

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Jesse Royall wrote:

> Cool. where can I find the info for the mod and what are some of the
> advantages of it running the Sats?

The primary benefit of using AO16 and LO19 as digipeaters into the APRS
system will be for the long distance traveler or the offshore
boater or wilderness traveler.  ANyone who needs to transmit a few packets
a few times a day back to home to say all is well...  Of course it can
also just be fun for doing demonstrations of amateur satellites.

> I also need to find out what other Equipment I need. Is there a web page
> you can direct me to?

Yes, http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/traknet.html

de WB4APR, Bob