Voice contact with Mir!

I'm very, very pleased to announce, I've just spoken with Jean-Pierre on
Mir on the 18:24 utc pass, pleasant French/English chat about the weather
here/Canada and the new National Space Science Centre coming here at
Leicester.

Thanks to Welland Valley ARS for the use of the ICOM, 25 watts into a 10
ele x-yagi got him just as he was rising over the horizon. 145.985 +
doppler.

73 de andy G0SFJ