Mir S.Africa 22:41 & 00:15

Old message which didn't seem to make it to the list:

Richard Bleeker wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am going to try (AGAIN!) for a voice QSO with Mir here in South Africa
> Local time of the pass will be 0:41 and UTC is 22:41.  I read the
> message re voice comms in UK yesterday at the 22:20 UTC pass, so
> because mine is reasonably close to that, I am hoping for success!!!
>
> Will let you all know how it goes.....
>
> BTW, does anybody know the equation for converting locators eg KG50DK
> into the Lat and Long??? Perhaps a little QBASIC code would help or any
> other programming language, or even a formula.....Also, if you know of
> some software which will plot an entered locator on a world map, I would
> be grateful for that information. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard (ZR5RJB)
> --
> Address: 29 Bergview Road, Hilton, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
> Locator: KG50DK
> Telephone: +27 82 723 8215
> Email:  <zr5rjb@amsat.org>
> Packet: ZR5RJB @ ZS5V.ZAF.AF

Well, I listened out and heard NO VOICES and I called "CQ CQ Mir ZR5RJB"
but got NO RESPONSE! I am now tired 'cause it is 0:54am here and I'm
going back to bed :)  I will try again for the 0:15 UTC pass (2:15am
here)

Will let you know how that on goes too!

73

Richard (ZR5RJB)