Re: MIR busy on 20:20 pass over UK

NToombes@aol.com wrote:

 > Hi all
 >
 > Lots of voice activity on 145.985 MHz from Mir this evening 28 July 1999 on
 > the 20:20 (UTC) pass over the UK. At best, I was receiving a S9 signal with
 > excellent audio but he (I presume JP)  was already in conversation with a
 > station for my entire pass so I didnt "break" in (however much my brother
 > wanted me to!). I am determined to make a voice QSO with Mir before its
 > demise.

Likewise, I am also determined to make voice contact before the 23rd...
I listened a little while after Neil, at 23:50 UTC, and called on
145.985
using my 5W HT and rubber-ducky antenna at first and then switching to
5el yagi.
I heard nothing except the R0MIR packet beacon. This is strange because
they
should have been awake then - until 0100 UTC in fact....

Anyway I will keep trying :)

Richard (ZR5RJB)
--
Address: 29 Bergview Road, Hilton, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Locator: KG50DK