Whats Correct.???

Hi ,
    Well here is some more NEWS, that was on our National TV News today.

   " A New 18 Million Dollar Antenna has been fixed on MIR and it appears
    to be operational this was after a space walk. "

    From what I could get from the NEWS it appears that this walk happened
    over the last day or 2 ..

    One would think that if MIR was going to be abandoned in August which is
    only 2 days away, that all they would be worried about is making sure that
    everything is set ready for departure etc..

    Maybe someone connected Officially with MIR can answer the many questions

    73 Phillip ZL2TZE

>To:             sarex@AMSAT.Org
>Date sent:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:35:48 -0400
>From:           Matthew G Robertson <w5hat@juno.com>

>Just heard on ABC Nightly News that when Cosmonauts leave Mir in August
>that Russia will let the station BURN up in the atmosphere. I have heard
>here lately that MIR will be unmanned for six(6) months and then a new
>crew will take over. Which story is true, and if Mir isn't going to burn
>up someone needs to tell the media to get there facts straight before
>they broadcast them to a nation hungry for information. Tnx.
>
>73's de;
>Matt Robertson
>W5HAT

>--TAAAA20442.933207844/r2.jersey.juno.com--
>
>--------- End forwarded message ----------

Phillip Conza
AX25                    ZL2TZE @ ZL2TZE.#73.MLB.NZL.OC
E-Mail private          phil@zl2tze.mlb.planet.gen.nz