Re: Mir Shuttle Exchange

I may sound a bit sarcastic here, but this guy has not seen his comrade in
a long time, and I'm sure that they didn't mean to do the song thing on
purpose. They haven't seen each other in a while, and they got caught up in
the excitement of having the chance to talk to one another in space, and
probably to each other.

I think that it would be pretty hard to listen to the local radio station
in Paris when you whiz right by it in a hunk of metal miles above the earth..

Give them a break, fellas..

We should be grateful to NASA and the whole crew for even allowing Amateur
Radio to be onboard the Shuttle. I'm sure a big company with a huge purse
would be delighted to take Amateur Radio's place onboard space shuttle
missions, and the ISS.
Ham radio numbers are declining, and these astronauts, AMSAT volunteers,
and countless NASA employees are trying their best to make sure that Ham
Radio is kept alive in space and on the ground. Give them SOME credit for
at least giving students the chance to EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC of ACTUALLY
talking to a HUMAN BEING in OUTER SPACE, thru some kind of WIRELESS technology.

Thanks to the crew aboard the shuttle, and to the many folks who make
Amateur Radio happen on these missions.

-Cedrick