Nothing yet in South Africa

It seems that nothing at all has been heard in South Africa - at least
not by me... And a couple of us here in Pietermaritzburg (KD50DK) have
attempted QSO's during the predicted passes - transmitting furiously on
144.450 and 144.470 - but to no avail.......

Is there something wrong with STS-93's SAREX equipment, or is its
antenna facing the wrong way when it passes South Africa????

So far, I don't think I am the only one in South Africa who has tried
but heard nothing......I will keep trying

73
Richard Bleeker  (ZR5RJB)