Re: Mir & Shuttle??

At 11:35 PM 7/24/1999 -0700, ronney wrote:
>The contact between STS93 and MIR was not a 'single hop' connection.
>MIR was in contact with W5RRR as it flew from Northwest to Southeast across
>the middle section of the USA.
>W5RRR was then relaying via (as I recall) air-to-ground channel 2.  I think
>this means that a TDRSS satellite relay was part of the connection.  Indeed,
>STS93 was on a Southwest to Northeast path across Australia at the time of
>the QSO.

Thanks, Martin, you're right.  W5RRR was in the loop.  73 de WD8LAQ

Patrick L. Kilroy                                                 HM
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Lead Engineer   Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center    Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, Mail Code 568           E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771          Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov