Re: STS-93 Keps....

At 08:56 PM 7/24/99 -0700, Joe Steinmetz wrote:
>The keps provided on this reflector *and* the real-time tracking are fairly
>close (a few minutes off).
>
>The live tracking (available via a screenshot on NASA Select TV) is not even
>close to the others. Does anyone know
>which to beleive? Is the web-version of NASA Select delayed to the extent it
>isn't useful to conform position of STS-93?
>
>Will the real keps please stand-up?

Hi Joe,

Ken Ernandes provides a wonderful service of supplying the radio
amateur community accurate element sets for the STS missions.
Likewise, Gil Carman bless his heart.  The TLEs are derived
somewhat differently but still seem to track each other well
for amateur use.  Ken describes the orbit accurately.  Gil's
elements tend to "anticipate" coming SAREX opportunities.
Take your pick.

Who knows what highlights might be replaying over NASA TV
at the time you glance?

IMHO, I'd place my money on Ken and Gil.

Cheers,

Pat WD8LAQ

Patrick L. Kilroy                                                WK
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Lead Engineer  Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, Mail Code 568          E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771         Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov