Re: No signal

Hi,
I copied the only packet beacon at 17:39 UTC when Columbia was over
Brasilia. No other activity was heard. It seems digipeater is also not
operational.
My call sign was included in the heard list but the TNC did not answer my call.
73, Rogerio PT2TD
Brasilia, Brazil
At 23:41 23/07/99 -0700, you wrote:
>SAREX doesn't seem to be working.
>
>Cdr.. Collins has attempted to make SAREX contacts on two passes that should
>have been easily heard at my location (So. California.)  In both cases she
>reported no contact to the ground controller briefly after the pass had
>finished. (I'm watching/listening via NASA select.)
>
>In the first instance(pass at about 0431Z - 23 July,) there was apparent
>confusion about the channel setting of the equipment.  She said the
>instructions said use channel "A1" while the ground controllers said channel
>"B8" was correct.
>She also said that she wasn't sure that the radio was putting out any power.
>
>Ok. Fine.  So I wasn't listening to the correct frequency.
>
>In the second instance (pass at about 0605Z - 23 July) there was still no
>signal.  I've made contacts with Colombia previously and hearing the signal
>was easy, but no signal again this time.  Cdr Collins made explicit
>reference to no output power and no sound from the radio.
>
>Did we forget to charge our batteries?
>
>Martin,  WB6YMI
>

>----

  Rogerio Aragao,  PT2TD

  Universidade de Brasilia  - Instituto de Fisica

  frfa@fis.unb.br

  pt2td@arrl.net   pt2td@amsat.org - AMSAT #31175