No signal

SAREX doesn't seem to be working.

Cdr.. Collins has attempted to make SAREX contacts on two passes that should
have been easily heard at my location (So. California.)  In both cases she
reported no contact to the ground controller briefly after the pass had
finished. (I'm watching/listening via NASA select.)

In the first instance(pass at about 0431Z - 23 July,) there was apparent
confusion about the channel setting of the equipment.  She said the
instructions said use channel "A1" while the ground controllers said channel
"B8" was correct.
She also said that she wasn't sure that the radio was putting out any power.

Ok. Fine.  So I wasn't listening to the correct frequency.

In the second instance (pass at about 0605Z - 23 July) there was still no
signal.  I've made contacts with Colombia previously and hearing the signal
was easy, but no signal again this time.  Cdr Collins made explicit
reference to no output power and no sound from the radio.

Did we forget to charge our batteries?

Martin,  WB6YMI