Re: Baikonur launch ban extended -- report

At 09:39 AM 7/12/99 -0400, Ray Soifer wrote:
 >[...]Kazakh officials have found rocket fuel from last Monday's
 >crash in the soil of Karaganda province in central Kazakhstan and
 >are considering evacuating the local population, they said.

I forget -- do the Energiya boosters use LH/LOX or hypergolics?  If they
let loose a lot of hydrazine and/or nitrogen tetroxide .. that could be a
serious hazmat incident ..

"Orthodoxy is orthodoxy because it won, not because it is true." -- Bp.
John Spong
                            WINDOWS IS A VIRUS!!
          Bruce Bostwick  Work-- mailto:llbgb@utxdp.dp.utexas.edu
                      Personal-- mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu