Jean clears up qustions ~ SSTV ~ Packet ~ SAFEX ~ Leaving MIR.

29-Jun-99  08:02:53  CONNECTED to R0MIR-1
[KPC9612P-8.1-HM$]
37948 BYTES AVAILABLE
THERE ARE 25 MESSAGES NUMBERED 3651-3695
YOU HAVE 1 MESSAGE(S) WAITING
ENTER COMMAND:  B,J,K,L,R,S, or Help >
rm
MSG#3692 06/29/99 16:59:47 FROM R0MIR TO N6CO
SUBJECT: INFOS
PATH: R0MIR

The ham eqm is  at the end of Priroda, where Serguei sleeps. My sleeping
bag is at the entry of Priroda. We use the same antenna as for SAFEX and
SSTV. Therefore there is not any more SAFEX and when we have SSTV
sessions we use an other station (Kenwood TM-V7) than the one where the
TNC is connected in. It is either packet or SSTV. We have only one
transformer. Also the antenna is fitted in some place which is not
accessible of a filter which prevent from using UHF...I will send images
of the kit this Sunday. Also the SSTV is not fitted with a system which
record pictures and send it automatically to the ground. In the auto mode
it sends only what is before the camera. We have a good window nor far bu
t the orientation is rarely good. The only way of making the pictures
changing is being next to kit, that require too much time. That is for
these two reasons there is not often SSTV. This WE when we connected back
the packet and all the night the cable between radio and packet was
poorly connected. Veronica from Venezia told me that she could only
recieve the carrier and then I fixed it. I think you have almost all
informations. The last is that we are supposed to return to earth the
24/08 as scheduled today. 3 days before this date we have to close the
hatch of Priroda. We ahve to think of what we do with the radio shack by
that time. Cheers.

Jean-Pierre

 I need to check with the SAFEX team , as I think BOTH packet and the SAFEX
Repter can run at the same time [ and hve ] as it has its own pwr supply built in - so Lets
keep our fingers X'd on this and maybe we will get  SAFEX on line.

 With the KAM beeing able to be ctrl'ed frm the grd , this will help out in maybe
Keeping it on, Maybe a good way is just to hve the digi on. This way less chance
of problems, I will ask Serge about this. Or have the MIR crew ask.

 Hve fun wrking MIR

 Dave
 N6CO