Mir PMS back on Line June 28, 1999

Hello Everyone:

Last Friday the Mir PMS developed a problem in which it stopped sending
Packet Audio.  Every time you tried to connect you could hear a dead-carrier
coming back from the Mir PMS.

As soon as I heard about the problem, I tested the PMS directly and verified
the audio glitch.  There are two primary reasons for this type of audio problem.
1.  A looses cable
2.  The Software controlled Audio values could have received a radiation zap.

I sent a updated fax with instructions to the MAREX-Russia team explaining
the step on how to test and resolved both problems.

On Saturday, I Talked withJean-Pierre on Mir and explained the problem,
Jean-Pierre
said, he knew the PMS was not working and was told that Sergej A. would looking
into the problem when he had time.

This morning during the 09:50 UTC pass over the USA, the PMS was fully
operational.

Thanks everyone

Miles

MAREX-NA