Re: Shuttle frequencies

Take a look at http://www.hearsat.org/ which has a section on both Mir
and Shuttle.  Shuttle is tough as virtually all the communications are
on the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS) birds which use
spread spectrum.  The TDRSS downlinks are encrypted.  Shuttle does have
a UHF voice system which can be monitored for the first and last
orbits.  I've heard the crew a couple of times when they launch into a
high inclination orbit.  And you can monitor EVA activities from the
suit radios.

Mir has more monitoring opportunities.
	73s,
	Will Marchant, KC6ROL