It's feasible to control TM255/TM455 via serial port?

Hello

This is to request some your help, if some one knows how to control the
Kenwood Transceivers TM255 and TM455 via serial port.
The equipments work very nice for me, but to automatically track the
frecuncy for satellite work is a little bit complicated using the up/down
inputs plus de KCT tracking systems.

I've been looking the schemes and seems there are some opportunities to use
the pins SI / SO in connector CN1 in the LCD ASSY board.

Please if some one knows how to modify the equipment I'll be more than
happy.

Regards and good track...:-)

Alex
ea4bfk@mx2.redestb.es