Re: Starshine seen UK?

>Satellite transit from SW to SE observed tonight approx 2238-2240 utc,
>orbit similar to Mir/ ISS. My location about 51.5 N, 0.5 W. Time correlates
>approximately with Starshine keps calculated a few days ago. Object moving
>as fast as Mir/ISS does,  rising just beneath the moon at approx SW about
>30+ degree elevation, rising in elevation and travelling across field of
>vision to approx SE. Brightness less than that of Venus or Mir but visible
>to naked eye though much clearer with binoculars.
>
>andy G0SFJ
>----

I'm not sure if you saw STARSHINE or something else Andy.  Remember,
STARSHINE is sort of like a "disco ball" so it will brightly flash
about every 20 seconds.

Here are some URLs of resources that can be useful for IDing satellites.

Keps on some of the forms may be a little out of date.

   Linkname: Satellite Ephemeris Service

   Linkname: View the Earth from space!

   Linkname: GSOC Satellite Predictions - Start Page

   Linkname: CelesTrak: Current NORAD Two-Line Element Sets

   Linkname: Last 30 Days' Launches

I hope these are useful.

Kerwin
N7JGW