Mir Active on SSTV June 13, update 1430 utc

Mir crew changed channels for a special sked with friends in Russia.
During the 1400 orbit, the sstv was active, but it was not on the primary
channel 145.985.
When the crew is finished chatting with their friends, the system will be moved
back to
the public channel 145.985.

Any channel from 144.000 - 146.000 is allowed to be used for satellite
communications
by the laws under the United Nations, ITU regulations.

Try monitoring both 145.985 and 145.850 fm .
Note, the special channels are ODD-Splits to prevent QRM.
Only the sysops know the uplinks.

Miles

"Miles Mann" <Miles_Mann@pictel.com> on 06/13/99 09:14:55 AM

To:   sarex@AMSAT.Org
cc:   mann@pictel.com, "Farrell Winder" <fwinder@one.net>, wyman@svs.net,
      kertesz@swbell.net, hcantrl@premiernet.net, John Langner WB2OSZ
      <JohnL@world.std.com>, haber@earthlink.net, tim_cunningham@mindspring.com,
      Wayne Nakata/PicTel (bcc: Miles Mann/PicTel)
Subject:  [sarex] Mir Active on SSTV June 13, 1200 utc

Hello All:

Here is a short update from MAREX-NA

We sent a formal request to Energia to get more SSTV time on weekends.
The crew received the request and activated the MAREX-NA SSTV system on Sunday
June 13,   I received three good window shots during the 1300 utc pass over
Boston Mass.
Signals and image quality were very good.

Look for Mir on 145.985 FM Simplex

73 Miles