Re: Re: Packet VIA MIR while backpacking in Denali - Alaska?

Don't loose hope just yet.
I'm doing a week in the Rocky Mountains in August :)

> From bruninga@nadn.navy.mil Fri Jun  4 12:49:41 1999
> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:49:08 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil>
> To: ritz <ritz@eecs.wsu.edu>
> cc: sarex@AMSAT.Org
> Subject: Re: [sarex] Re: Packet VIA MIR while backpacking in Denali - Alaska?

> Sorry Ritz,
>
>    I just ran a track of MIR and you will only see 3 passes a day from
> middle alaska, and although you would have 100% access to the MIR
> digipeater, and could communicate with anyone throughout the southern half
> of Alaska for almost 5 minutes or more, you will only have a few minutes
> per pass when you might be able to get packets in while it is also in view
> of Washnigton state and Northern Calif.
>
> If you could get anyone else in Alaska to play with you, you would almost
> have your own private satellite for those 3 passes... and could easily
> communicate with them.  But you may only have 2 mins, 3 mins and 2 mins or
> less for the 3 passes to the USA...
>
> Be sure you are on the SE side of any mountain and can see all the way
> down to the horizon...
>
>    It will sure be fun, and I am sure that some in the Wash State will
> listen for you, but it would be more fun if you could find some other
> players further north...
>
> bob

David M. Ritzenthaler        http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~ritz
UNIX System Administrator                ritz@eecs.wsu.edu
Washington State University                  (509)335-7301
School of Elect. Engr & Comp Sci. - Pullman, WA 99164-2752
PGPfreeware 5.0i Key: http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~ritz/pgp.key
Eye halve a spelling chequer It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh My chequer tolled me sew.