Fwd: Re: Packet VIA MIR while backpacking in Denali - Alaska?

Although I am not opposed to this idea, I do see a
problem with this. Check out MIR's "footprint" with a
satellite tracking program, and you will see that it
isn't very big anymore. This makes the opportunity for
those of us in the US (esp. me in Ohio) to even be
able to see/hear the packets through MIR.

On the other hand, the "footprint" of FO-20 and FO-29
are quite large by comparison. These sats often times
can cover almost the entire US....

(Yes I know this "conversation" is off subject...but
interesting nonetheless...speaking of which...anyone
heard any plans for amateur QSOs from the shuttle?..I
know this flight is supposed to be a SAREX mission,
but does anyone know what days they are hoping to
QSO?)

       -- Mike