Re: Packet VIA MIR while backpacking in Denali - Alaska?

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, ritz wrote:

> I'm going to be backpacking in Denali in Alaska,
> So I made this tiny packet setup that uses a calculator as a dumbterm.
> http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/kc7nfz/hamradio.htm#PACKET
> So, anyway, typing on this calculator is SLOW.  I'll just do the "callsign d u
> qsl?" thing.  With the ocasional "I'm not dead and happy".

Perfect application for the Kenwood HT with built in TNC.  THen you can
send and receive packet via MIR with only the HT.  I will send you some
easy APRS formats that you can use, so that other's with the HT can see
your packets and can see your location on their GPS units.

de WB4APR, Bob