Re: Modes of Op

I try not to voice my opinion much on this reflector, but I must agree with
the below posting.  I feel a great deal of satisfaction from being able to
receive an image from Mir.  My dad, whom I am trying to get interested in
amateur radio, and my little brother might show a little more interest if I
could "show" them one of the many aspects of amateur radio.

On the other hand, I also realize that there are other forces out there
that, for whatever reason, have decided to have Mir transmit SSTV on the
weekends and voice/packet during the week.  For that to be the operating
mode on Mir, there must be a reason.  I don't claim to know the reason or
have any reason to be privy to such information.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there *is* a reason for the current
operating procedures aboard Mir; I would like to have my voice heard as
saying, "I would like to see more SSTV."

73,
Joel
OM:  Joel B. Black, KS4AW     XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
Eutaw, AL...............EM62bv     kahblack@mindspring.com
AMSAT member #32589
jbblack@mindspring.com
ks4aw@amsat.org