Re: [amsat-bb] MIR SSTV ..??

At 20:27 28/03/1999 +0200, Jean-Michele wrote:

>Dear Satellite friend
>
>There is 3  weeks since no SSTV signal can be heard from MIR ..
>
>It seemed to me that a "gentlemen's agreement " was supposed to
>allow SSTV transmission every week end on 2 meters.
>
>So , as many hams on this side , I am wondering about what
>is happening in the MIR station ..
>
>Is the agreement canceled ??

Well, What's the story? I'm wondering the same. Has petty politics raised
its head again, or is there a genuine problem on the spacecraft?

I've got 30 or so disappointed schoolkids here, some of whome have to
travelupwards of 100km!!!

>Since Jp Haigneré (FXOSTB) is doing sometimes phone QSO does not explain the
>lack of SSTV,
>we can hear PKT ... Why not SSTV??
>
>I a speaking on behalf of radioamateurs working with poor equipment
>and little power/antennas( no tracking devices..)
>
>I would be glad that the man (organization, officials) in charge of the ham
>links with the MIR crew to send to the list some reliable
>informations about it..
>This is the role of the list does'nt it ??
>
>thanks a lot and 73 !!
>RAMADE Jean-Michel
>Mail  : jmramade@infonie.fr
>Web :http://webhome.infonie.fr/f6gry/index.htm

	    73 de VK2XCI. Voice of The Edge of The Outback.
	               Norm at Mount Hope. QF27wd