Re: AO-27 and MIR on an HT? (Reformatted)

Sorry for the double post, hopefully this copy is more readable.

Daniel,

I have worked several stations on AO-27 using my Yaesu FT-50 HT
with a 12 1/2 inch dual band antenna (MFJ-1715s).

Inspiration to try this came from reading an excellent article in the
January 1998 issue of QST titled "AO-27: An FM Repeater in the Sky".
In this article the author, Ray Soifer, W2RS describes how to work AO-27
with a dual band HT and a whip antenna.

Hearing the satellite with your equipment shouldn't be a problem if you
account for doppler shift and move the antenna around to find the
direction and polarization of the downlink signal.

Good Luck,

Tom, KC5MXA