Re: AO-27 and MIR on an HT?

Daniel,

I have worked several stations on AO-27 using my Yaesu FT-50 HT
with a 12 1/2 inch dual band antenna (MFJ-1715s).

Inspiration to try this came from reading an excellent article in the January
1998
issue of QST titled "AO-27: An FM Repeater in the Sky". In this article the
author,
Ray Soifer, W2RS describes how to work AO-27 with a dual band HT and a whip
antenna.

Hearing the satellite with your equipment shouldn't be a problem if you account
for
doppler shift and move the antenna around to find the direction and polarization
of
the downlink signal.

Good Luck,

Tom, KC5MAX