AO-27 and MIR on an HT?

Everyone,

Last weekend I installed WinOrbit on my computer to track AO-27 and MIR, and
I can't seem to be able to hear them.  I compared the AOS for AO-27 with 2
sites on the Internet that gives satellite positions and WinOrbit results
were within a minute or less.

What am I doing wrong?  I read multiple articles that a HT will do.  To
listen to UHF frequencies, I'm using a FT-470 with a 10" dual band rubber
ducky, the squelch wide open yet.  To listen to MIR, I'm using an IC260A
multimode in FM mode with a 5/8 telescopic antenna.

I hope someone can help me because this is getting very frustrating.  I just
want to hear something from one of them birds.

Thanks you in advance.

Daniel