SSTV for Mac - it DOES Exist!

On 2/23/99 6:58 PM, K4HN@amsat.org (K4HN@amsat.org)  passed this wisdom:

>There are some MAC programs at this site
>
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hffax/toc6.htm

 Well, I checked around quite a bit and found a number of pages,
including the one referenced above that said "There are no SSTV programs
for the Mac, so stop asking!" I also knew this couldn't be right. I have
found a number of leads through the Metacrawler search engine  and have
not had time to check em all out. The best one I have found so far is
called "Multi-Mode" by BlackCat Systems, their master home page showing a
number of ham related Mac programs is at;

      <http://www.blackcatsystems.com/>

The "Multi-Mode" page is at

      <http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/multimode.html>

The following is an excerpt from the Docs on Multi-Mode with regards to
SSTV.

>SSTV (Slow Scan TV)
>
>This mode is used by amateur radio operators to send color and B&W images.
>This SSTV image was received using MultiMode, as was this one. They were
>both received on January 31, 1999, on 14230 kHz, using Scottie S1 mode
>(the most commonly used mode in North America).
>
>SSTV Modes Supported
>
>MultiMode supports the following SSTV modes. Is your favorite mode not
>listed? Email me with the specifications for the mode, and I'll add
>support for it!
>
>Robot Modes
>8 Second B&W
>12 Second B&W
>24 Second B&W
>36 Second B&W
>36 Second Color (under development)
>72 Second Color (under development)
>
>Martin Modes
>Martin M1
>Martin M2
>Martin M3
>Martin M4
>
>Scottie Modes
>Scottie S1
>Scottie S2
>Scottie S3
>Scottie S4
>Scottie DX

Brian B. Riley --> http://members.macconnect.com/~brianbr
  For PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr@wulfden.org?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

 "...Those of you who turned your swords into plowshares will soon
  find yourselves under the yokes of those of us who kept our swords..."
      -- author unknown