Re: ChromaPix

Gene,

If I'm reading your post right, I believe the green bending on the right maybe
a receiving timing error. Bring up the pic and adjust the skew control on
the left
control panel. This will straighten out the bend.

A more permanent fix will be to go up to the top right of the ChromaPix
program on the Opt.
tabs and select the one that allows you to set a left or right +/-  Rx
timing off set
for any future pics. This skewing is a result of a slight timing mismatch
between
the Mir SSTV clock and your computers sstv clock. Once set they will all
come down nice and straight.

The color dots are noise hits, althought some think stars might be mixed in.
Verticle bands of noise across the picture from top to bottom indicate noise
with repetitive timing and will usually be traced to power supplies or power
line noise in the neiborhood. Moving the beam will
give a good idea where its coming from outside.

All the shots I got to day were overexposed out the window pics except for
one nicely exposed & focused shot of carpet and a sphere of water (?) must
have been taken while they were moving the camera. I guess they will turn
off the transmitters tonite since I think they will be docking a Progress
Monday.

Good luck at the earth station,

Al Emer N2YAC