Re: MAREX-NA Update, Great news, Feb 11,1999

The way I understand it, it wasn't so much that "MAREX-NA was selected".
The fact is that ANY group anywhere can submit an education proposal for
the Amateur Radio station on the International Space Station, provided
one follows the simple coordinated protocols.

Current drafts:
http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/~ariss/ariss.html
http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/~ariss/rules.html

To keep on top of updates:
http://garc.gsfc.nasa.gov/~ariss/changes.html

Respectfully,

Pat WD8LAQ

At 01:40 PM 2/11/99 -0500, Miles Mann wrote:

>Mir Amateur Radio Status:  Feb 11, 1999
>
>by Miles Mann WF1F,
>MAREX-NA (Manned Amateur Radio Experiment, North American Division)
>
>Great News From Energia:
>MAREX-NA was selected as one of the independent clubs chosen to develop
>Amateur Radio projects for the Russian Modules of the International Space
>Station.  One of the 4 Russian antenna feed-through ports in the Russian
>Service Module is being reserved for a MAREX-NA project.
>We are still in the process of reviewing which specific project will be
>installed.
>More details later.
snip

Patrick L. Kilroy                                          (ex-743)
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Engineer      Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, New Mail Code 568     E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov