Re: beaconing on KPC-3

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, James R. Gorr wrote:

> I have an older KPC-3, ver 5.1, that I am trying to set up to beacon for
> the MIR/APRS School Club Roundup.  My problem is that when my TNC
> beacons, it replaces my grid square that I set in my Unproto path with
> "BEACON".  What should be: N3TOY>DM26IE,R0MIR.... turns out to be:
> N3TOY>BEACON,R0MIR....

Unfortunately, thats the way Kantronics did it.  So, you cannot use the
GRID-IN-TO format.  You must just put your gridswuare in the BText itself.
To do this, enter

BText [FM19dx]Hi from Jim...

Your grid square must be included in brackets at the beginning of the
BText.  Then it will work.  If you are going to beacon un-atteneded, then
no more often that once every 2 minutes is about right.  Good Luck.!

bob