Re: MIR Mirror update

At 12:20 PM 2/5/99 -0500, Roberts, Melvin S wrote:
>FYI- From ABC News website...
>
>By Vladimir Isachenkov
>The Associated Press
>M O S C O W,   Feb. 5 - Russian officials scrapped the Mir space station's
>much-hyped space mirror experiment today after the shiny metal object got
>stuck and failed to properly unfurl.
>     The Mir crew sent the mirror, attached to a cargo ship filled with

Speaking of mirrors, ...

I am working on something that may of interest.  The STARSHINE
satellite!  Expected launch is this May on STS-96 Discovery.
Good program for middle school and high school students!  High
visibility (no pun intended :) for your school and community.

Go to the web site to sign up!

See more info at http://www.azinet.com/starshine

Enjoy,

Pat
WD8LAQ

Patrick L. Kilroy                                          (ex-743)
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Engineer      Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, New Mail Code 568     E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov