Re: Voice on 145.985

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org Fri Jan 29 02:48:13 1999
From: "Miles Mann" <Miles_Mann@pictel.com>
To: "PA3GTY HAM radio station" <pa3gty@AMSAT.Org>
Cc: "SAREX" <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:47:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [sarex] Voice on 145.985
Sender: owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org

The Frequency 145.985 FM Simplex, Is the primary channel used by the crew
of the Russian
Space Station Mir for Amateur Radio communications.
The most common uses are:
1200 AX-25 Packet (Personal Message System)
Slow Scan TV (Robot 36 mode)
Two-Way voice conversations.

The Approximate schedule (Subject to other projects, priorities and crew
work load,  is as follows).

++++++++++++++++

This must be VERY APPROXIMATE, as I am yet to hear any SSTV over my QTH.(VK3)

+++++++++++++++++

Weekdays Packet (PMS)
Weekends SSTV
Voice,  Any time the crew has free time and they are in the mood for
conversations.
There is no set schedule for when the crew may be on voice.  It is up to
the crew to deiced
when they want to talk.
If you do hear the crew on voice, DO NOT TRANSMIT, UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM CALL
CQ OR SOMETHING
SIMILAR.  LISTEN, LISTEN AND LISTEN.
When the say CQ, the say you call just TWICE. and only your CALL.
Then wait and LISTEN, LISTEN.
Since Mir has a Radio Range of 1500 miles in all directions, it is easy to
cause a pile up.
Listen for the crew to say your call, before you begin your conversation.

Good Luck
Miles WF1F MAREX-NA

"PA3GTY HAM radio station" <pa3gty@AMSAT.Org> on 01/28/99 08:30:17 AM

Please respond to "PA3GTY HAM radio station" <pa3gty@AMSAT.Org>