Re: Antenna for Mir SSTV RX

Hi Jamie,

I have several antennae which I have used. A quarter wave works fine but a
turnstile which I have works better. An Isopole works OK on low angle passes
however I've found the turnstile to be best all round. It has a hemispherical
pattern so gives a good account of itself no matter where the bird may be.

73....Eric VK2KUR

Just curious what antennas people are using to get SSTV pics?  I have a
Comet GP-3 and am not having very good luck.  I always have noise w/ my
signal and never can get a good pic.  Would a standard 1/4 wave work
better, or do I need to go to something like an "egg-beater"?  I realize
verticals are not the best choice for satellite work, but it's what I
got.  Gee, I'd really hate to have to buy something new...  You never
know where it might end!  I have used the Comet to connect with the MIR
PMS before, but now it isn't working for SSTV.

Jamie