Re: Re: [amsat-bb] Reply from MAREX-NA

Christopher Cox wrote:

> Amateur Radio has gotten some great press from this, and for the first time
> Internet geeks are envious of HAM's for the Visual Space Downlink.
>
> It may not be 'by the book' but neither am I. I like thinking 'out of the
> box'.

I have been a member of the "military" (those are QUOTES folks)
establishment for some years, and I appreciate the point that Roy made.
You can't tolerate a bunch of wildcats.  However, when things are not
working, as obviously happened, I also appreciate the person that can
make things work, even if it doesn't happen within established
parameters.  I'm not saying that it was right, but I am starting to
think (after I have read more than I want to on this) that it needed to
be done to maintain momentum.  Sorry Roy.  That's the way I feel.  I
hope that the powers that be will try to hold things together a little
better in the future.

--
Larry, KL7IBV in Wisconsin
Bluemound 97, CAP, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary