banging heads together

Unbelievable.

All of you guys need to learn something about conflict resolution.

Ok so MAREX is the new kid on the block and has rattled a few cages.
Probably totally unethically, who knows.

OK so SAREX amd MIREX are quite properly using international procedures and
agreements in the correct manner.

So where does that leave me , Joe amateur?

One of the hardest things you have to learn as a manager is when your staff
make a legal claim against you. Because the claim may really be worthless,
and you can quite justifiably get real defensive about it if you like. But
fundamentally you have to learn that you've lost the confidence of your
staff. Even if they are a pain in the rear quarters (english expression).

So we've all just learnt that co-operation in  space is difficult.

Everyone's got ideas! Who's in charge? Me! Me! Me!

I propose (who the h*** am I? Joe amateur)

1  MAREX exists . They have a project. I don't think they've been totally
honest (free expression of personal opinion). But Life's a b****

2 Be a grown adult, sarex/mirex/safex. Let the new kid on. You get more out
of letting them on than you do for being a pain. This is true even if you
are morally correct. Who cares? bottom line - we want the project.

3 MAREX; Don't crow. Good job. Time to move on. You get more out of these
guys by taking your seat with them - even if you can't stand them - than
you do by ignoring  them. May have worked ok so far,  can't last.

So don't clutter up the mailing with petty quarrels; spend your time
getting the equipment we need up to Mir and ARISS before they fall out of
the sky. Ever heard about the guy who was rearranging the deckchairs on the
Titanic? Get real.

73 es gud dx

Andy G0SFJ ( regerettably not the astronaut of the same name)