MIR SAFEX UHF Repeater

Hello all-

Thank you all for the responses to my inquiry.

After reviewing the details I suggest the following:

The crew should move the 2 meter equipment back to the MIR core module and
utilize the new antenna.

The UHF QSO mode should be abandonded in lieu of 2 meter phone operation
for school and unscheduled QSO's

The SAFEX UHF repeater should be rebooted ( several times if required ).

This would provide maximum utility of the space station amateur equipment.

If the SSTV cannot be used on UHF then occasional time sharing would
suffice however, I urge everyone to encourage the crew to TALK on the 2
meter frequency. I find the QSO to be the most exciting mode.

Thank you and happy and safe 1999,

Pat  N2OEQ  Long Island New York.