Re: Schools & Satellites in the U.S.

Hello Rob, VK3JKA,

I am in Greenbelt, Maryland, which is about 20 km NE of
Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Capitol.  I would be honored to give
you and your family a tour of the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.

Also I can arrange a visit to nearby DuVal High School that just
flew a GAS canister experiment on the John Glenn STS-95 flight
and are starting a ham radio club with the help of the Goddard
Amateur Radio Club (GARC), WA3NAN.

You will also be updated on the GARC member activities, local
AMSAT activities, as well as all the hard work being done in
preparation for substantial Amateur Radio on the International
Space Station that, through the fault of our normally very busy
schedules alone, have not received widespread publicity to date.

When is your visit to D.C.?

Sincerely,

Pat WD8LAQ
AMSAT Area Coordinator, ...

At 10:47 AM 1/6/99 +1100, Higgins, Rob J wrote:
>Hello and Happy New Year from Yinnar South, Victoria, Australia,
>
>My name is Rob Higgins and I'm Principal of Gormandale & District P.S. as
>well as being vk3jka.  Over the last few years I have been playing with
>Amateur Radio in some of my classes especially focussing on MIR.  This year
>we hope to try some SSTV images if possible.
>
>In 1998 I won a study award and as part of it my family and I will be in
>Orlando, Huntsville and Washington D.C. during September this year.  I would
>love to get in touch with any schools that are using Amateur Radio or
>involved in Space type programs.  If you know of any, or could assist in any
>way please send a message.
>
>Thanks in anticipation,
>
>73
>
>Rob Higgins, vk3jka
>Higgins.Rob.J@edumail.vic.gov.au
>----

Patrick L. Kilroy                                          (ex-743)
SSPP Hitchhiker I&T Engineer      Phone:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  Fax:    301-286-1673
Building 5, New Mail Code 568     E-mail: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        Web:    http://sspp.gsfc.nasa.gov