Mir SSTV Active Dec 26,27

Mir Amateur Radio Status:  Dec 23, 1998

SSTV is On line

by Miles Mann WF1F,

MAREX-NA SSTV
SSTV has been active from Mir all weekend.
It is now heading for Aisa Pacific.
I am interested in seeing any images for Aisa and VK land.

At 16:00 on Sunday, we had a image lock up on the SSTV system.
It was cleared by 17:00

SSTV Schedule:
The tentative plan is to run one project at a time.
The PMS will run on weekdays and the SSTV will be active on Weekends and
Holidays.
This is a tentative schedule, subject to change.
The switching between the two projects is excepted to continue until for
several months.
Then the hardware situation and work load will be evaluated to see if we
can get access
to a different antenna and adjust the schedule.

MAREX is looking for a reputable club willing to take on a Power supply

SSTV Receiving Software:
There are several SSTV software and hardware decoders on the market.  Some
you can buy
while other are shareware.
If you are just starting, you may want to try a software version first.
I am currently using W95SSTV.
I was pleased with the ease of use and quick setup.

Web pages:
The new MAREX-NA SSTV web is under construction.
In the mean time check out these webs for Mir SSTV images

http://www.siliconpixels.com/W95SSTV/w95dload.htm

 http://www.interlog.com/~stevef/mirsstv.htm
http://www.idcomm.com/personal/n0vse,
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprn.html

Mir Crew Members:
The current crew consists of:

Current Crew
SOYUZ TM-28 arrived at Mir on August 16. Mir Soyuz TM-28 crew consisted of
Sergei Avdeyev, Gennadiy Padalko and Yuri Baturin.  (Sergei and Gennadiy
both received training on the MAREX-NA SSTV system in Star City).

Web Page information:
For information about the MAREX-NA SSTV project, check the web page at:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/7355/sstv_proj.htm

For general information about some of the Mir Projects, check the web page
at

     http://www.ik1sld.org/mirex.htm  OR
     or
     http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3431/mirex.htm

Tracking Mir
Mirs orbit is drifting fast.  Make sure your Keps are less than a week old.
The best way to track satellites is to get access to a good satellite
tracking program.
There are numerous programs on the market, both for sale and share ware.

The best place for current satellite position date (Kep

) data is at the
CelesTrak web page http://celestrak.com/

Copyright 1998 Miles Mann, All Rights Reserved.  This document may be
freely distributed via the following means - Email (including listservers),
Usenet, and WorldWideWeb.  It may not be reproduced for profit including,
but not limited to, CD ROMs, books, and/or other commercial outlets without
prior written consent from the author.

Miles WF1F

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home